Friday, July 27, 2007

Developer's call, new demands and actions

Yesterday I was involved in the OpenMRS weekly developer's call, which was almost completely dedicated to logic service development. Burke and I received some very helpful advice, and there were also questions and concerns that helped see what are other developer's expectations of logic service. I discussed those things with Burke over e-mail today, added them to my TODO list, and will start acting on them one-by-one.

Currently, I'm in the process of creating the HIV POSITIVE example rule. I plan on making a Rule-HOWTO on the wiki, and I'll use this rule as an example, since it will help developers get a programmer's look on how things will be done once they start writing their own rules. I'll post an update about this as soon as it is finished (should be in a couple of days).

Although I didn't blog about it, that issue with Spring is now resolved. The problem was inadequate project cleaning - I cleaned the project with Eclipse -> Project -> Clean, while it was necessary to clean it with "ant clean" and then with Eclipse -> Project -> Clean. Not a very nice experience, since it took quite some time to nail down the bugger. :-)

No comments: